Scroll to content
School Logo

Milton Hall

Primary School

‘Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it.’

What do I do if I am concerned my child has additional needs?

The first thing to do is to discuss your concerns with your child's class teacher.  Their needs may be able to be met just by this discussion taking place.  Often the class teachers will then speak to the SENCO and the SENCO may wish to carry out an observation or an assessment.  If that happens, they will then feed back to you.  It may be that they go onto the monitoring register instead which is an internal, informal register to 'watch and wait'.  It may be that their needs mean they need to be identified under one or more of the four categories of need:

Communication and Interaction

Cognition and Learning

Social, Emotional and Mental Health

Physical and Sensory Impairment


It can be very hard as a parent to come to terms with your child's additional needs.  Please remember that we are here to support and guide you as far as possible, as we value every child at the school and want them to go on and have a happy and successful life.